NEW STRUCTURE - UPDATED 7.11.20
Have questions about how the new tryout structure will be handled?
July 11 - Tryout Material Released
July 26 - Video Submissions Due No Later Than
July 28 - Stunting & Tumbling for Varsity Candidates 5-8pm Small Gym
July 30 - Teams Announced in the Evening
Schedule Updated 7.11.20
Videos to Upload:
REQUIRED VIDEOS TO SUBMIT:
3. Dance with jump or tumble skill included.
4. Jumps - Toe Touch (single) & Hurdler (best side) recorded in ONE video.
• Do not connect the two jumps. The jumps should be separated with their own prep, but continue recording to capture both jumps on the same video clip.
OPTIONAL VIDEOS TO SUBMIT:
1. Standing Tumbling
2. Running Tumbling
3. Toe Touch BHS/BT Connection
• Skills MUST be executed safely and independently without spots.
• Must use appropriate tumbling surfaces = mat, rubberized track, grass/turf, wood gym floor.
• All tumbling videos must be of current skills that the athlete is capable of executing right now.
• Previous tumbling videos WILL NOT be accepted.
• Tumbling skills executed on a spring floor WILL NOT be considered.
WHAT TO WEAR IN ALL VIDEOS:
• Plain white t-shirt (Short sleeved, TUCKED INTO SHORTS. Low cut tops are not permitted.)
• NO t-shirts or shorts that suggest past cheerleading experience.
• Comfortable black shorts (fingertip length. "Hotty Hot" style shorts are NEVER allowed.)
• Athletic shoes and WHITE socks
• Hair pulled back – OFF THE SHOULDERS AND OUT OF THE FACE
• Bangs must be pinned back or braided. NO head bands.
• Bows are always appreciated!
• Nails MUST be trimmed below fingertip height. Remove brightly colored finger nail polish.
• NO JEWELRY OF ANY KIND! Fresh piercings must be removed.
• Camera should be positioned HORIZONTALLY to capture the athlete's full body -- keep in mind when arms and legs are extended for motions, jumps, etc.
• Record each skill separately.
• State first and last name at the start of EACH recording.
FILE UPLOADING TIPS:
• Upload each video clip to your Google Drive.
• Rename each file with your first & last name and skill shown.
• EX: Abbey Gradle - Chant / Abbey Gradle - Dance /
Abbey Gradle - Standing Tumbling.
• Add the video files to this form below -- Insert file from Google Drive -- Select correct video/skill.
• A copy of the selected file will be sent. Once submitted, files cannot be edited or removed.
• Since video files are larger in size, it will take a moment for the form to submit - Be patient!
• The form has successfully submitted once the page has changed to "Thank you for submitting......"
• An email receipt will be sent as confirmation to the first email address typed at the very top of the form.